Thursday 8 January 2015

Doctor Who and the Clunk of Betrayal

I still remember the first time I saw the T.A.R.D.I.S.
There on that forbidden planet.

I knew the possibilities. I knew what could lie within; somehow I just knew.

I already knew all about The Doctor and the adventures he and his time-travelling sidekicks have. In that box of delights.
That's why I recognised the T.A.R.D.I.S. straight away.

That's why I knew I had to have it.

It has been in my possession for some time now, but I have never made it work the way the Doctor does. All it does is take up room in my house.

I have made good use of it, though.

I go in there sometimes.

The missus knows about it, but she doesn't approve if I visit it too often.

Getting in and out is fine, when she's not around... I can sometimes get in there and make a silent exit even if she's in the next room.

Tonight, when I thought she was fast asleep, I got in and out without making a sound, but as I was putting the lid back on, she heard the ceramic 'clunk' and woke up to berate me for yet another visit.

Betrayed, by the box of delights.


No comments:

Post a Comment